Patient derived xenografts (PDXs)
Procedure for requesting PDXs:
- Requests for PDXs must be made using the BCRG Scientific Review Form for PDXs.
- ACC approval must be provided before PDXs are released.
- Demonstration of IRB Determination must be provided before PDXs are released.
- Samples will be de-identified and considered non-human subjects.
- Priority will be given based on the following criteria:
- A compelling justification in the Scientific Review Form
- Investigators with funding in place
- Availability of specimens (requests cannot exceed 50% of current inventory)
- Research related to health disparities
Conditions for Accepting Tissue:
- PDXs have been contributed by clinicians and UIC faculty on the condition that they may be included as authors when studies using these materials are published. Contributing authors will be made known to the requesting investigator when samples are distributed.
- The recipient cannot distribute, share, or give materials to collaborators or third parties unless they are listed on the Scientific Review Form as Project Personnel.
- The Breast Cancer Research Group requests that any publications resulting from the use of these specimens acknowledge the contributing parties. Recommended wording is as follows: “Patient Derived Xenografts were provided by the UIC Breast Cancer Research Group, and funded through the UI Cancer Center.”
- Timely responses to requests from the BCRG for updates on subsequent publications and grants funded based on the work completed with provided tissues are expected.